Each month, we are posting updates from every church to better keep those part of one church more closely connected with those in the other churches. As we grow as a family, these are important moments to celebrate, pray for, and support what Jesus is doing in these communities. These updates will included updates, stories, prayer requests and a little glimpse into the life of the church. We hope these updates are encouraging to you!
God's doing some incredible things through his church in Ventura! Not only are we hearing about crazy cool things happening with other churches in the city, but we're seeing God grow us in maturity, health and our worship of himself! It's been amazing to see this dynamic of existing friendships and relationship going deeper, while simultaneously seeing new folks getting welcomed in really well!
Guys / Gals Summer Socials
Both our guys and gals hosted some summer social at Madewest this past month and it was a sweet time of community and relaxing together! We're seeing more and more our people going out into Ventura and being a gospel presence, and we love it! Stay tuned for more socials int he coming months!
Journey Church Launch Team & Rob's Turbo Residency
This past month, we got to host Rob, Courtney and their launch team for Journey Church. We got to spend time with them, learning from them, learning their stories, getting excited for what God is going to do through this new church, and on June 26, we got to send them out! That Sunday was such a sweet time of sharing vision and blessing them on this new gospel adventure! We have so valued Rob serving us through teaching throughout June and the investment of his team into ours and can't wait to hear epic stories of transformation from this new church!
Summer BBQ & Park Day
We are excited to head to Marina Park for a day of BBQ, beach and fun! We'll be heading out on 7/27/16 (no community groups will meet that day, instead they'll head to the park) to the park for some good hangs! This is a great opportunity to bring some friends along!
This is a Sunday where the body of Christ at Anthem Church is meeting “house to house” if you will. We are excited to take a Sunday and specifically remind ourselves that “the church” is not a building but a gathered group of believers in Jesus Christ. People are gathering in homes, parks, coffee shops and a variety of other venues around Ventura County to worship Jesus, study the Scriptures, take communion and pray together.
On Sunday August 7, Anthem Camarillo, Anthem Thousand Oaks, and Anthem Ventura will not be meeting in their normal buildings, but Anthem Church will still be gathering. We are encouraging families, community groups and groups of friends to gather for worship, studying the Scriptures, prayer, giving and communion wherever you want to meet.
We are so excited to participate in our first Anthem Summit as a new church! Our focus this year is to turn our attention and training towards how the gospel and mission of Jesus informs our regular, day-to-day lives and brings greater intentionality to the mission of making disciples that God has given to every believer. I'm really stoked to see people from all three churches worshipping together, learning together, growing together and for us to see the bigness of what God is doing!
Things To Be Praying For
We truly believe that if anything of significance is going to happen, it will be birthed out of prayer. Please join us in seeking the Lord for a few things.
- 20 Baptisms before the end of the year
- Reproducing to 2 Sunday gatherings by January 2017
- Reproducing from 3 to 6 Community Groups by January 2017
- Begin praying and prepping for our next church plant
- As we are growing, we are excited to see a diversity of people who are joining Anthem, please pray that continues! One of the things I love, is looking out on a Sunday, seeing people young and old, with and without kids, people from different economic background - basically people who wouldn't normally hang out, come together because of the gospel! We love it and want more of it!
- In addition, as we grow, we are reaching our capacity with kids and thinking through other possible locations that will enable to serve families better! We love our location in the city, and we believe the Lord has led us here for now, but we are also praying for where God might take us next. Please join us in that prayer!
- As we come into the summertime, people tend to travel and be out of town, but we also get a whole lot of visitors! This can be a crazy storm of, well, crazy! Please pray that the Lord will provide extra people to pitch in!